Gaaaahhhh… It’s been a while. I apologize. I have 2 Dorie posts to get up and a TON of stuff that has gone on. I’ll get it up tonight. I hope. My blog, how I’ve missed you.
Category Archives: just me
One of my daily reads is Ley over at Cilantro & Lime. She tagged me a few days ago and I just straight forgot. A sick husband, TOO much work, unexpected family visits and being completely pooped I didn’t get to it. But I am now! Woo!
Let’s see, I need to give you 5 random facts, but since I am a lazy bum and took so dang long I will give you 10. You’re welcome! haha! 😉
1. I got married when I was 18. I know, I know young military couple… typical. But you know what we have known eachother since the 7th grade and he is my other half. He’s my heart and I can’t live without my heart. ♥
2. For a period of time when I was young, I wanted to be a sniper. You know, on the building next to the bank that’s being robbed waiting for the “Take the shot!” to come over the walkie talkie. I’d do it in a heart beat if my vision wasn’t so dang awful now.
3. I’m lactose intolerant. With skim milk I bloat to the size of the Titanic, with cream or cheese I bloat to roughly, the size of the moon, give or take a few hundred miles. LOL But get this, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE cheese. I can eat it all day, and I do.
4. I own a home. People say it’s a mistake. I should enjoy my youth and not worry about a mortgage. But I plan on retiring from the State, paying off my home and giving my husband a Porsche for his birthday by the time I’m 50. And I’ll do it too, just watch. 😉
5. I have 1/2 a family. To me it’s all I need, let me explain. My dad came to California when he was young and lost contact with his dad. His family never inquired about or looked for him or anything. They just kinda “let him go”. All the family I know is my moms side, my tios and tias (6) and cousins (40 + or -) are from my grama. I only have one living grandparent and you know what? She is all I flippin’ need. She is 4.5 feet of awesomeness. ♥
6. I saved my nephews life. My nephew Isaiah was riding his bike around the pool (Bad, I know), we thought he was inside. I was about to leave for work but wanted to give my “lil puppy” a kiss and hug good bye. (He would flip if I didn’t) We couldn’t find him inside, we looked out and he was trying to get to the rim of the pool to pull himself up. I ran out, jumped in and got him out. Super intense and extremely scary. I will never forget, ever. Don’t leave kids outside near a pool.
7. I’m terrified of the dark. I hyperventilate and start to cry. So please, leave the light on for me.
8. I have more online friends than friends I can physically go see. When I was in Hawaii, I didn’t know anyone but my husband and two roommates. I joined a online military wife group and was introduced to the internet. I have more friends out of the state than I do in state. I’m ok with that though, I always know there is someone online at any given time I can talk to.
9. I like to organize. I’m anal about what goes where in my pantry and fridge. There is a baking side and an everything else side in the pantry. I like to have things where I am used to. My poor husband, God bless his heart, tried to help out when we go grocery shopping at first but stopped helping because I followed him around and moved it the second he put it down. LOL
10. I’m a picky eater. No mayo, hot dogs, ketchup, shrimp, bone-in meat, Alfredo sauce, tomato, ham, bologna, lentils, spinach, canteloupe, lobster, canned tuna, tripe, liver, pea soup… it could go forever. LOL I’m also picky about how food looks and is cooked.
I don’t know who to tag because a lot of people I wanted to already have been. So, if you are looking at this and haven’t done it… YOU’RE TAGGED! LOL
Friday was hectic day for me. I didn’t sleep too much for starters. You see, Thursday evening I spent about 5 hours at the local Honda dealership. Yes, I am the proud momma of Brad, my 2008 Honda Civic EX. He is absolutely amazing. Bethany, my husbands “gift” to me, which is a 2007 Suzuki motorcycle is happy to have a friend in the garage. Yes, you read correctly, my GIFT. Completely different post. Then off to work after a sleepless night to find mountains of purchase orders for me to process. There weren’t enough hours in the day to even look at them all. Then rain ALL day. Hawaii type rain, where you need to drive no more than 20 mph for fear of hydro-planing off into a ditch. I start the 25 mile commute home and I wish it was only 25 feet. But wait… dog food! Make a u-turn to Walmart to get the wonderful morsels that will feed my ever growing Lola. So finally the commute home begins. Pull in, feed Ms. Lola and get to the couch. Wait… not yet. She tipped over some rocks from the waterfall for the pool so out in the rain I go. Get the rocks back in and run as I slip on the concrete and fall. Don’t worry my arm broke my fall. I finally get in the house, shower and hit the hay. It’s 10pm.
Saturday is here. My day to rest, relax and be a bum at home. But my loving motrocyle gift giving husband needs me to pick up parts for my motorcycle gift about 48 miles away. On my way I go, get his parts and realize I need to buy my wonderful Emilio a gift for the Christmas exchange we are doing. I stop at Ross and hop into the abyss of toys that I need to get through to the baby clothes section. I make it out alive and hit up the cookbook and plant section. A very nice woman stops me and asks my opinion on fake plants. We chat, I give her my opinion and I am on my way. I slide into the dress aisle to look for my Army Ball dress (with no luck, I might add). I return to my cart and find that an amazing elephant/palm tree/bamboo clock for $4.99 is missing! I go on the hunt and look into every cart I see for my beloved clock that was snatched out of my cart. I turn and see the very same woman that asked my opinion, holding my clock as she pays! I give her the worst look humanely possible and walk away.
I know I didn’t pay for it yet and technically it wasn’t mine, but it was in my cart! I was a little bummed about my clock so I went back to the clearance aisle to rummage and bring my hopes up with an amazing find. And I did it! I found a purple base cake pedestal. For $2.99. Keep that stupid clock you mean evil woman, my cake stand will kick your clocks butt any day. 🙂
My sister Linda and I had a baking blog a couple of months back, but it was deleted. I don’t know what the problem was, maybe it was haked into or maybe we violated some sort of Blogger rule. Either way, our blog is gone. Adios!
So here I am re-inventing myself and starting a new blog to call my own. This will be my internet love baby and will pamper him with all that I have.
I’m here Blogger… and back for good. 😉